Conventional cotton production uses potentially harmful chemicals – less than 10% of these chemicals actually accomplish their task, while the remaining 90% are absorbed into plants, soil and water and indirectly into humans – damaging the whole environment.
As a business we believe we should be responsible in our production and minimize our impact on the environment. Prairie garments are produced and manufactured, according to the strictest environmental and ethical standards. We guarantee that Prairie garments continually meet these standards.
Prairie is serious about the organic status of it's textiles. From harvesting of the raw materials, through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing, through to the final labeling, all Prairie garments are guaranteed produced from 100% organic cotton.
Along with being Fairtrade and organic Prairie garments are happily GMO free. We have concerns with an unproven technology, with existing faults and uncertain long term effects to people and the environment.